Learning Goals for Graduate Students
- Through coursework and research, be familiar with and understand scholarly literature in the area of study.
- Be able to formulate testable hypotheses and justify research objectives.
- Conduct laboratory and/or field research by working effectively with appropriate instrumentation, equipment, technologies and experimental systems.
- Interpret research results via appropriate acquisition and analysis of data, and integrate them into the existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Conduct scholarship, in teams or independently, in ways that demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing through scholarly presentations.