Everybody’s asking for money these days. Schools, religious organizations, civic groups, charitable societies, and the list goes on and on. All worthy causes mind you, but your charitable giving budget can be stretched only so far. But with that said, let me make a case for donating whatever you can back to the place that helped launch your career in horticulture. And with your donation, we’ll do great things. For instance, your contribution could help us develop or enhance a few of the following projects/initiatives:
- Scholarships for graduate students
- Scholarships for undergraduate students
- Scholarships for study abroad opportunities
- Support for research projects
- Horticulture Hall infrastructure improvements
So, please consider this a “soft” request. I will not come to your home, nor will I call you during the dinner hour. And I certainly won’t bug you during an ISU Cyclone athletic event. But please know that any assistance will be sincerely appreciated.